Friday, March 24, 2017

3.24.17 #sol17 Road Trip: the Mommy Version

Holy cow. Road trips with 9 year old twins and a 7 year old is no joke. Instead of playing my childhood road trip game of 20 Questions, I feel like I just spent a day playing 20 Million Questions.

"Can we talk yet?"

No. It's 6:30 a.m. There is no talking until the sun comes up. 

"How much longer?"

Can you seriously not tell time? We have HOURS to go.

"Can I have a pop tart?"

Another one?

"What other movies did we bring?"

You already forgot?

"Can you turn the heat up/down; air up/down; fan on?"

Why do these vans not come with personalized temperature gauges?

"Can we stop for the bathroom?"

Seriously? We stopped 30 minutes ago. How can you possibly have to go again?

"Can you turn the radio up/down/off?"

Can we just all agree to silence?

"I know you said we had an hour to go. So how much longer now?"

58 minutes.

We were on the road to Florida by 3:30 am today. The kids slept until about 6:30. After that, all bets were off. Overall, they were great during the 15 hour drive. They hardly fought. Nobody spilled anything in the new van. We made it safely.

But.

If I had to answer one more question...





7 comments:

  1. Ohhhh....I feel your pain!! "58 minutes" made me laugh so hard because I have been there so many times! Glad you made it safely and hopefully you can enjoy and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! I loved hearing your internal questions. I have such great memories of driving to florida with my family and your story reminded me of them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I loved the questions because they are so relatable! We have four kiddos (including b/g twins), and I'm not brave enough to road trip it yet to Florida. We are flying out in a couple days and I can only imagine how many questions a 2.5 hour flight will bring out. Enjoy that Florida sunshine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! This reminds me of our road trip from Iowa to Washington DC with an 8 year old and a 6 year old. So many questions, so many "Mom/Dad can we.....", so many pop tarts! :)

    Thank you for this slice! It brought back great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahaha This is why we drive at night to Florida. I can't even handle it! hahaha I hope you have a FANTASTIC vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Been there, done that.:-) We've traveled through the night on occasion just for that reason! We're on our way to FL, too, but flying and without children.;-) Enjoy your spring break! Can't wait to be in the warm FL sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These long rides are a big test! But, invariably, they reap fun memories. Have a great time in Florida!

    ReplyDelete