Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Day 6: Being a Grownup is Hard

I got a text last Thursday I could hardly believe. I'd won the lottery. I never win anything, so at first I thought it was a joke. But, no, there it was. Clear as day. I'd won the lottery.

The prize? Two tickets to Hamilton in Cincinnati. For only $10/ticket!



But.

After my initial elation, I looked closer. My heart sank. The date was Friday. In Cincinnati. One problem: I was leaving Friday morning to attend a two-day conference in Columbus, two hours away. I was scheduled to present until 4:30 on Friday and then again at 8:00 am Saturday morning.

So I declined the tickets. I threw away my shot (groan, I know).

The only solace I have is that I've already seen the show. Twice.  I know, I know, that's obnoxious. Greg surprised me with Chicago tickets two years ago for my 40th birthday.


My face on my birthday when Greg
surprised me with tickets.
And then a year later, we got a great deal and were able to take our three kiddos back to Chicago to see it. I'd already been in the room where it happened (ugh, I did it again).

So, while I hated having to be a grown-up last week, to make the responsible decision, I am comforted by thinking that maybe someone who'd never gotten to see the show had a chance to see the story of tonight (that's it, I swear).



1 comment:

  1. That's such a bummer! But I'm glad you've seen it before. I haven't ever seen it, but would love to!

    ReplyDelete