Thursday, March 3, 2022

My life in numbers #sol22 - Day 3

(with thanks to Alison Gettler for inspiration)

I am1020 Hurd, a life spent spilling off a porch, grabbing sticks of gum from Grandma's junk drawer. I am 419 through and through, with a little bit of 33967. I am from alleys and bike rides and sidewalks. All my favorite houses have porches.

I am 1995, and then no pomp again until 2000. I liked being a Bobcat. A lot. I am brick sidewalks and arches. Big hills (the only school where you lose 15 pounds freshman year). I am South Green all the way with ass trees (Seriously. Who planted those?) haunting in the spring.

I am 2001, defining moments of my first year of teaching: living through national tragedy, joining a bowling league, falling in love with my craft and my life. 

I am from 2004, dancing my way through the year. Saying yes to Greg has been the absolute best decision I've ever made. Then we were the Faulhaber Five, 2007 a double whammy, then 2010 our little exclamation point. It feels like we've been running ever since. 

I am a word nerd trying to live in the moment, balancing nostalgia and excogitating (I had to use the google for that one; it's ok if you do too). 



1 comment: