Monday, March 2, 2020

#SOL20 D2 The Perfect Punctuation to a Long Day



It's been a long week, and it's only Monday. We didn't say good night to the kids until 9, at least 30 minutes later than I like. I had a meeting tonight. It rained all day. Nobody liked dinner (again). I need to stop and get gas tomorrow morning on my way to work - which means I need to wake up 15 minutes earlier. I went to Walmart for egg rolls because they are the only place that carries the egg rolls we like and they were out.

But finally, the house is quiet. Nobody needs me. I walk into the kitchen, reach up to my hiding spot, and pull out my treat, the bright spot of my day. And there they are. Waiting for me.

Samoas. I love this season, between winter and spring, when these little treats find their way into my life. These cookies taste especially delicious because a friend dropped them off on Saturday. She knows they're my favorite and after a hard week (it's been a bit of a month...that's for another post), so delivered these to me (get you a Mindy, who brings you emergency cookies).


1 comment:

  1. I love the way you spun this slice--I wasn't expecting cookies at the end :). And my favorites? The peanut butter ones!

    ReplyDelete