Saturday, March 3, 2018

Bowling!

#SOL18 

We love to go bowling. It makes sense. I like to say that bowling is how Greg and I fell in love.

It was my first year of teaching and the district where I taught had a district bowling league. Each Friday, folks from across the district would converge on a local bowling alley to spend the next few hours.

I loved everything about it. The camaraderie. The friendships. The laughter. The fried mushrooms.

We were called the Q2PT2s. The cutie-patooties. There were four of us and we loved, loved to have fun. And it was there that I really started to get to know Greg, my future husband. We'd flirt. We'd talk. We'd have actual conversations.

I found out later that my grandparents fell in love during a bowling league, so it really feels like it's meant to be.

Now. 15 years later, we still love to bowl. We go in spurts: sometimes we go with friends, sometimes just the two of us. But every time we do it, I remember those early days of our romance and how exciting it was to be getting to know this awesome man. Now that he's my husband, I think about how awesome it is to get to be  partner if life. Especially when I can almost beat him (I never actually beat him. Except for that one time, when his student who worked at the bowling alley might have had a little something to do with it.).

2 comments:

  1. I loved hearing the story within the story of this post. How meaningful that you and your husband can still connect over something so special to you after all these years. Your grandparents would be proud! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, love that it's how your grandparents fell in love too!

    ReplyDelete